56747
Oman Will  Borrow to Plug Budget Deficit
Oman Will  Borrow to Plug Budget Deficit

Oman Will Borrow to Plug Budget Deficit

Oman Will Borrow to Plug Budget Deficit

Oman says it will need to borrow money from local and international markets as it announced its budget for 2017 with a projected deficit of around $7.7 billion, AFP reported. A finance ministry statement on Sunday said the sultanate, which like other oil-producing (Persian) Gulf Arab states (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain) has been hit by a cash crunch because of a sharp drop in oil prices, will also follow a policy of austerity. It estimated the deficit will be three billion riyals ($7.79 billion) or 12% of the country’s gross domestic product. Oman will therefore seek to borrow locally and abroad to finance 84% of the deficit, as well as dig into its foreign reserves to cover the remaining 16%, the statement said. It projected revenues of around 8.7 billion riyals while estimated that government spending in 2017 would be 11.7 billion riyals, 2% less than in 2016. A total of 3.34 billion riyals is earmarked for defense and security.

 

Short URL : https://goo.gl/UePwUt
  1. https://goo.gl/MLggF4
  • https://goo.gl/wRG0wR
  • https://goo.gl/lH6dm7
  • https://goo.gl/NswrH8
  • https://goo.gl/vJD4vW

You can also read ...

Bithumb Hacked, $32m in Cryptocurrency Stolen
Cryptocurrencies dropped after the second South Korean...
South Africa GDP Shrinks
South African gross domestic product shrank 2.2% in the first...
Washington in March imposed tariffs of 25% on steel and 10% on aluminum, in a move mainly aimed at curbing imports from China.
Russia said on Tuesday it would impose import duties on US...
Saudi Arabia, which employs about two-thirds of its citizens, is chipping away at a budget deficit that ballooned to almost 16% of GDP after the oil shock of 2014, while FDI slumped more than 80% last year.
Show up, swipe in. The routine is familiar to office workers...
Taxes in Italy Drive Economy Underground
Italy grew rapidly over the 20th century, and its black market...
Australian Telecom Co. to Axe 8,000 Jobs
Australia’s dominant telecommunications company Telstra...
European businesses say it has become harder to do  business in China over the past year.
European companies complain they still face a tough business...
South Korea to Grow 3 Percent
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development has...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Trending

Googleplus