World Economy
0

Hundreds Cancel Tunisia Tour

Hundreds Cancel Tunisia TourHundreds Cancel Tunisia Tour

A major German tour operator said on Saturday more than 300 customers who had planned to travel to Tunisia this summer have called asking to change their bookings, a day after at least 37 people, mostly foreigners, were killed in an attack on a beach near two tourist hotels in the Tunisian resort town of Sousse.

TUI said it brought home the first 80 customers from Tunisia on Friday night and another 120 will follow over the weekend, although some of those had been booked to return, AP reported.

The director of the Enfidha-Hammamet Airport in Tunisia also said it has set up special procedures to accommodate the flood of passengers seeking to leave the country. Mohamed Walid Ben Ghachem said about 15 extra flights had been scheduled at the airport since Friday, carrying 1,400 passengers.

He noted that four of the planes left empty, indicating that at least 1,000 people had decided to stay on after the attack.

Financialtribune.com