10973
Venezuela Frees Forex System
World Economy

Venezuela Frees Forex System

Venezuela allows a free-floating exchange rate for the country’s currency, Sputnik reported. Finance Minister Rodolfo Marco Torres said the new system would be “totally free” with “the market itself setting the exchange rate.” But officials said trades would have to be made through authorized banks or exchange houses and only people with dollar-denominated bank accounts can take part. For 70% of crucial imports, including medicines and other staples, the exchange rate will remain the current 6.3 bolivars per one US dollar. For the remaining 30% of consumer goods the rate is changing to 12 bolivars for one greenback.

 

Short URL : http://goo.gl/Icicly

You can also read ...

Curing existing patients also decreases the number of carriers able to transmit the virus to new patients.
Goldman Sachs has outdone itself this time. That’s saying a...
The accumulation of bankruptcy cases means that  it sometimes takes about six months just to get  a new insolvency case admitted to court.
India’s revamped bankruptcy process is in full swing and...
The vast majority of US businesses are pass-throughs, including those owned by President Donald Trump.
The US' Congressional Budget Office warned earlier this month...
Transnational organized crime is involved in all forms of illicit trade, from human trafficking networks and tobacco smuggling, to trade of counterfeit goods.
Illicit trade in any of its forms—tobacco, pharmaceuticals,...
Swiss Investor Confidence Weakest Since Late 2016
Switzerland’s investor confidence deteriorated further in...
Finland’s Nordea Bank Predicts Growth to Stagnate After 2020
Finnish economic growth is set to keep its strong path this...
Argentina Gets 32 Road Project Bids
Argentina says it received 32 bids for six road projects...
Kenya Growth Slows to 4.9%
Kenya’s economy grew by 4.9% last year from 5.9% in 2016, the...

Trending

Googleplus