People
0

1.1m School Students in Tehran

1.1m School Students in Tehran1.1m School Students in Tehran

Close to 1.1 million students have been enrolled in schools across Tehran Province at all grades for the new academic year (starting September 23), according to director general of the Education Ministry’s provincial office in Tehran, Abbas-Ali Baqeri. “From among all students, 900,000 (82%) have registered in public schools and the remaining 200,000 (18%) will attend private school across the province,” IRNA quoted him as saying. According to the ministry official, 73% of the teachers working in the province are women. Tehran accounts for 8.5% of the approximately 13 million student population in the country.

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Financialtribune.com