CO Poisoning  in Classroom

CO Poisoning in Classroom

Fourteen students of a boy’s high school in Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi Province were rushed to Imam Reza Hospital on Monday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning, after the odorless gas leaked from a faulty oil heater in a classroom.
 “Fortunately, after receiving inpatient services all the students are in good health,” said Ali Baghestani, head of the hospital’s Public Relations Office. 
Earlier, Mohammad Amiri-Nejad, head of the Prevention Office at Mashhad’s Firefighting Department, had warned that only 15% of schools in the city can be certified as safe, IRNA reported.  
There are 720,000 students studying in Mashhad schools at present. 
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless poisonous gas produced from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds; it forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), which is non-toxic.

Short URL : https://goo.gl/bFJEGZ
  1. https://goo.gl/IOXiFi
  • https://goo.gl/h2oIj0
  • https://goo.gl/KYPOaJ
  • https://goo.gl/g2Gmtu
  • https://goo.gl/M1mG4T

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints