Lazy Eye Screening
Lazy Eye Screening

Lazy Eye Screening

Lazy Eye Screening

The Amblyopia (lazy eye) screening program for children aged 3-6 years has begun across the country, said deputy head for disability prevention at the State Welfare Organization.
“Last year (ended March 19), 74% of parents participated in the screening program. The reason for the absence of the remaining 26% was lack of information and health literacy among parents,” said Minoo Rafiei, IRNA reported. She said out of the 23 million children screened since the program was first launched in 1996, 250,000 were identified with this particular visual disorder. The SWO has allocated 60 billion rials ($1.7 million) to the program implementation this year.
Amblyopia is the most common cause of single eye visual impairment for children and young adults which occurs when normal eyesight in one eye is disrupted during a critical period in visual development.

Short URL : https://goo.gl/aI3Ntw
  1. https://goo.gl/DZs0z8
  • https://goo.gl/z9XVSz
  • https://goo.gl/bLYNTS
  • https://goo.gl/52lBuf
  • https://goo.gl/UeBirf

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints