People
0

Chlorine Poisoning at Swimming Pool

Chlorine Poisoning at Swimming PoolChlorine Poisoning at Swimming Pool

Eight persons suffered from the effects of chlorine gas poisoning when they went for a swim in a public swimming pool on Tehran’s Navvab Street recently. Seven were immediately shifted to Loghman Hospital by emergencies services where they are recovering, and the eight received outpatient treatment, said Hassan Abbasi, spokesman of Tehran Emergency Center. Severe exposure to chlorine can result in symptoms of acute airway obstruction including wheezing, cough, and chest tightness, Alef News Agency quoted him as saying. “The more severely affected may suffer from acute lung injury,” he added. He urged the people to avoid swimming in non-standard pools.

 

Financialtribune.com