44567
Prevention Main Strategy in Fighting Drugs
People

Prevention Main Strategy in Fighting Drugs

As per the next five-year development plan (2016-2021), the number of drug addicts must be brought down by 25% (5% every year) by the end of the plan period, said Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, interior minister and head of the Iran Drug Control Headquarters.
“Currently, addicts comprise roughly 3% (almost 2 million) of the population, and we are trying to keep the remaining 97% clean given that prevention is our top priority in fighting the drug problem,” he said, local news outlets reported.
“The IDCH is now working on a report on the state of substance abuse and trafficking in the country and will present it to the Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamanei within six months,” he added.
Stressing the need to control social harm, in particular addiction, the Leader in March had called on all executive bodies to examine the root problems of social ills and present a full report.

Short URL : http://goo.gl/fTjIUg
  1. http://goo.gl/98N4e8
  • http://goo.gl/k2FAp4
  • http://goo.gl/KzvPZJ
  • http://goo.gl/nmZkOd
  • http://goo.gl/vJ0j84

Trending

Googleplus