Iranians Will Rejoin Hajj If Saudis Accept Conditions
Iranians Will Rejoin Hajj If Saudis Accept Conditions

Iranians Will Rejoin Hajj If Saudis Accept Conditions

Iranians Will Rejoin Hajj If Saudis Accept Conditions

Iran will send pilgrims to this year’s hajj rituals, if Saudi Arabia accepts the Islamic Republic’s conditions, said the Iranian minister of culture and Islamic guidance. Reza Salehi-Amiri said on the sidelines of a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday that Iran has sent a delegation to Saudi Arabia to follow up on the issue of hajj for Iranian pilgrims, Press TV reported. 
“The Iranian administration will try to dispatch pilgrims [to Saudi Arabia],” he said, stressing that Iran seeks to “send pilgrims to the Grand Mosque ... [for the hajj rituals in late August] only if Saudi Arabia accepts our conditions”.
Amiri stressed that Iran had sent a letter to the Saudi minister of hajj and umrah, enumerating the country’s conditions, including issues pertaining to security and blood money for the families of pilgrims who lost their lives in a deadly human crush in Mina near the holy city of Mecca in 2015.
If Iran’s conditions are not accepted by the Saudi side, “Saudi Arabia will be held accountable”, the Iranian minister added.
On Monday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qasemi said an Iranian delegation would travel to Saudi Arabia soon to discuss issues related to hajj.
Qasemi added that the Iranian delegation’s visit comes at the invitation of the Saudi government to discuss Iran’s conditions for this year’s hajj.
Iran decided to stop sending pilgrims to hajj over security concerns after two deadly incidents claimed the lives of more than 470 Iranian pilgrims during the 2015 hajj rituals. Days after the deadly human crush, which occurred in September 2015, Saudi Arabia published a death toll of 770 but refused to update it despite gradually surging fatality figures from individual countries whose nationals had been among the victims of the crush. 
Iran said about 4,700 people, including over 465 of its nationals, lost their lives in the incident. Earlier that month, a massive construction crane had collapsed into Mecca’s Grand Mosque, killing more than 100 pilgrims, including 11 Iranians, and injuring over 200 others, among them 32 Iranian nationals.


Short URL : https://goo.gl/5ZjNFR
  1. https://goo.gl/kgDzVh
  • https://goo.gl/AyYZ8X
  • https://goo.gl/KjNvo5
  • https://goo.gl/X8HdpY
  • https://goo.gl/4WytMf

You can also read ...

Experts: Likud Government Behind Tillerson's Ouster
The Israeli-influenced sacking of US Secretary of State Rex...
Iran Deal's Parties Stress Need for Full Enforcement
Participants in the Friday meeting of an oversight panel of...
“Painful Mistake” for US to Quit JCPOA
  Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has warned the United...
Greetings to Xi on Reelection
President Hassan Rouhani sent a congratulatory message on...
Bright  Prospects for Oman-Iran Economic Cooperation
Oman's chief diplomat said on Saturday that there are bright...
Need for Inclusive Syria Peace Talks
A lawmaker said extremist groups fighting in Syria should be...
Abbas Araqchi
A deputy foreign minister called on the European signatories...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints