National
0

Riyadh Evading Liability Over Mina Tragedy

Riyadh Evading Liability Over Mina TragedyRiyadh Evading Liability Over Mina Tragedy

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman dismissed the recent anti-Iran allegations by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, saying the kingdom’s rulers are evading liability over a deadly crush during last year’s hajj pilgrimage in the Arab country. “The Saudi crown prince, who places such emphasis on the importance of ensuring the security of hajj [pilgrims], must remember his government’s failure to guarantee security during last year’s hajj and stand accountable to the bereaved nations of the painful Mina incident,” Bahram Qasemi also said on Tuesday, Press TV reported. The spokesperson said Saudi leaders are leveling baseless allegations by claiming that Iran seeks to politicize hajj in a bid to shirk their heavy responsibility one year after the Mina incident. In a statement released through the Saudi state news agency SPA on Tuesday, the crown prince accused Iran of endangering the security of hajj pilgrims. Nayef also accused Iran of trying to politicize hajj. The tragic Mina incident took place when two large masses of pilgrims converged at a crossroads during the symbolic ceremony of the stoning of Satan in Jamarat, near Mecca.

 

Financialtribune.com