Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi said the disclosure of Iran’s secret nuclear information has backfired and turned into a problem for the US administration, as it has come under fire by its domestic critics.
“The leakage of information showed the Iranian negotiators’ wisdom and cleverness because the same issue has turned into a problem in the US,” Salehi told Fars News Agency on Monday.
“The Americans say why Iran’s nuclear breakout [the time it would take Iran to amass enough nuclear material to build a bomb if it decided so] has decreased to four months from the previous one-year period. Therefore, you [Iranians] should not be worried and they should be concerned.”
Iran denies the claim that its nuclear program may have had military aspects, saying the work is totally for peaceful purposes.
Late in July, AP claimed it has obtained a leaked confidential document about Iran’s long-term nuclear program linked to last year’s nuclear deal between Iran and major powers.
The document revealed that after the first 10 years of the deal, Iran will be able to install advanced centrifuges, which will allow it to enrich uranium at a remarkably faster rate.