National
0

Terror Attack in Kazakhstan Denounced

Terror Attack in Kazakhstan DenouncedTerror Attack in Kazakhstan Denounced

Iran condemned a recent deadly terrorist attack in the Kazakh city of Aktobe, expressing sympathy with Kazakh government, nation and the bereaved.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari said on Thursday the incident indicates the vulnerability of Central Asia to terrorist activities, Press TV reported.

The attack in Aktobe further demonstrates “the necessity for cooperation among regional countries to counter extremism and its intellectual and political origins in a comprehensive and integrated manner.”

On June 5, unidentified gunmen attacked two gun shops and a military unit in Aktobe, killing seven people and injuring 37 others, most of them servicemen.

Thirteen assailants were killed and nine were arrested in a counter-terror operation in the city, with six criminals still at large.

Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev said on Wednesday the Aktobe attacks had been organized by supporters of radical, pseudo-religious preaching under foreign tutelage. He vowed to use the toughest measures to “defeat the extremists and terrorists.”

 

Financialtribune.com