No Pause in Bolstering Defense

No Pause in Bolstering Defense

The deputy commander of Armed Forces warned of hegemonic powers continuing to pose threats and said Tehran needs no permission for strengthening its military capabilities to deal with such threats.
“Threats against the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran are widespread and exist in all areas,” Lieutenant General Abdolrahim Mousavi said while addressing a conference in Qom on Friday, Tasnim News Agency reported.
The commander criticized arrogant powers, the US in particular, for their continued hostilities toward Iran, saying the US uses every opportunity to interfere in Iran’s affairs and harm the Islamic establishment in political, cultural, economic and military spheres.
Mousavi hailed the Armed Forces as “strong citadels” against threats and said, “In order to increase our defense capabilities, we do not need permission from anybody.”
Earlier in March, ballistic missile tests by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps were followed by a hue and cry in the West.
In a speech later in the month, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei underscored the need for boosting Iran’s defense capabilities, warning that enemies are making use of every tool available to undermine the Islamic Republic.


Short URL : http://goo.gl/q490X7
  1. http://goo.gl/CEZsSc
  • http://goo.gl/rJ2vfQ
  • http://goo.gl/V5Cqdo
  • http://goo.gl/XcRjz6
  • http://goo.gl/xnusVi

You can also read ...

Call for Facilitation  of Iran-Oman Trade
Senior Iranian and Omani officials on Sunday underlined the...
EU Eyes Closer Ties to Contain Tehran-Moscow Alliance
An analyst believes the European Union would not like to sit...