National
0

Prosecutor Pursuing Action Against US Anti-Iran Ruling

Prosecutor Pursuing Action Against US Anti-Iran RulingProsecutor Pursuing Action Against US Anti-Iran Ruling

Iran’s prosecutor general said he has called on the Foreign Ministry to take diplomatic action on the recent ruling by the US Supreme Court to seize Iran’s frozen assets in the US to pay compensation to the families of US soldiers killed in attacks allegedly linked to Iran.

Speaking to reporters in Tehran on Friday, Mohammad Jafar Montazeri added that he is pursuing the issue with determination, Tasnim News Agency reported.

He had already sent a letter to the Foreign Ministry, urging action on the US court ruling.

Montazeri had also proposed setting up a juridical taskforce, made up of top Iranian judges, to take action, within the framework of international law, against the US measure.

Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told the New Yorker in an interview published on April 25 that the court ruling would put an end to the “credibility of the US justice system”.

Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi has also slammed the US court ruling as “invalid”, describing the move as “international banditry”.

 

Financialtribune.com