National
0

Saudi Embassy Attack Probe Underway

Saudi Embassy Attack Probe UnderwaySaudi Embassy Attack Probe Underway

Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei said the case concerning the attack on Saudi Embassy in Tehran is still under investigation.

Speaking at a press conference in Tehran on Sunday, Ejei pointed to the latest details of the case and said, “No indictment has been issued against defendants and the case has not gone to court yet,” Tasnim News Agency reported.

Deputy Interior Minister for Security and Disciplinary Affairs Hossein Zolfaqari said on January 21 the main perpetrator of the attack on the Saudi Embassy had been caught outside Iran and was being interrogated after extradition to the country.

The Iranian official also noted that the Interior Ministry, which was tasked by the president to probe into the attack, has prepared its full report on the incident.

In the early hours of January 3, angry demonstrators attacked the Saudi embassy in protest at Riyadh’s execution of prominent Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr. Saudi Arabia decided to cut diplomatic ties with the Islamic Republic following the angry protests.

 

Financialtribune.com