20038
2 Iranians Killed in Kuwait Mosque Attack
National

2 Iranians Killed in Kuwait Mosque Attack

Two Iranians were killed and five injured in a suicide attack on a Shia Muslim mosque in Kuwait city during Friday prayers.
The so-called Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for the attack, which killed 27 and wounded 227, Reuters reported.
It was the first suicide bombing at a Shia mosque in Kuwait and worst militant attack in the country for many years. Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah visited the damaged mosque just after the blast and said the perpetrators of the criminal action must be brought to justice.
In response to the terrorist incident, Ambassador to Kuwait Ali Reza Enayati offered condolences to the victims' families and condemned the terrorist attack, saying, "Unfortunately terrorism does not confine itself to any borders, and we are witnessing that it is extensively active in the region, threatening Muslim countries," ISNA reported on Saturday.
He also expressed regret that the scope of terrorist moves has been extended to Kuwait, saying, "It's a pity to observe such a brutal incident has happened to worshippers while they were saying their prayers."
Pointing to a May 22 suicide attack by IS on a Shia mosque in Qatif, eastern Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and wounded dozens, the envoy said the expansion of the attacks now necessitates that Muslim countries unite without hesitation to counter such moves by Takfiri groups.
A Takfiri is a Muslim who accuses followers of other faiths and some Islamic sects of being unbelievers.
Enayati said terrorists are making every effort to disrupt regional order, kill innocent people and provoke instability in regional states, calling for enhanced cooperation among Muslim countries to help root out terrorism.
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had sympathized with his Kuwaiti counterpart Sabah Al Khalid Al Sabah in a phone call on Friday. Condemning the bombing, Zarif called for collective measures to eradicate terrorists from the region.
On the same day, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham strongly denounced the deadly blast and said, "As the Islamic Republic has warned many times so far, Takfiri terrorists pose a major threat to regional countries."
She also called on the nations in the region to consider fighting the evil phenomenon and blocking financial and moral backing for terrorists as a priority area in their security policies and establish collective mechanisms to "uproot terrorism" in the shortest possible time.

 

Short URL : http://goo.gl/RYmvlv

You can also read ...

Severe Punishment Awaits Terrorists Behind Ahvaz Attack 
Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei...
Rouhani: Trump Must Rectify Mistakes Before Any Talks
President Hassan Rouhani said the US president needs to...
Pompeo: Trump Open to Talks With Rouhani at UN
US President Donald Trump would be willing to meet with...

Trending

Googleplus