National
0

No Iranian Province on COVID-19 Red Alert

Iran registered 1,168 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, which brought the cumulative total to 88,194, as the death toll reached 5,574 with a further 93 overnight fatalities
No Iranian Province on COVID-19 Red AlertNo Iranian Province on COVID-19 Red Alert

The Health Ministry said no province in Iran has been placed under red alert for the coronavirus outbreak, but the warnings are still in effect as the country’s daily rise in deaths remained in double digits for the 11th straight day.
During his daily briefing on Friday, Health Ministry Spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said, “The situation is not normal and people are still advised to observe personal and public hygiene as well as social distancing,” ISNA reported.
Iran registered 1,168 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, which brought the cumulative total to 88,194, as the death toll reached 5,574 with a further 93 overnight fatalities.
Jahanpour said, “So far, 66,596 people have recovered and were discharged.”
According to the health official, over 3,000 patients are in intensive care units. 
Iran has carried out nearly 400,000 coronavirus tests across the country.
Jahanpour added, “Most of the new patients identified today were in good general health.” 
Data gathered by health authorities suggest that nearly 80% of those who test positive for the coronavirus do not require hospitalization.
Iran has refocused on containment measures in the past few days, as it urged people to follow health protocols while resuming economic activities. Schools, universities, mosques and high-risk businesses are still under lockdown but parks, bazaars and malls were allowed to reopen.
Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi said on Thursday that cases caused by the deadly infection were on the rise in the southwestern province of Khuzestan. The province of Fars and South Khorasan have also reported increasing numbers of COVID-19 patients.

 

 

High Recovery Rates

Health Minister Saeid Namaki said on Friday that the number of recovered patients in Iran is an “international record”.
Following a videoconference with World Health Organization and health authorities in many countries around the world, Namaki said he wants to congratulate Iranian healthcare providers because of the high recovery rate among those who had contracted the highly-infectious virus.
Over 60,000 have been discharged from Iran’s hospitals with the recovery rate standing at 75.5%.
Namaki also announced that Iran managed to decrease daily deaths by one-third in three weeks. 
“Our overnight confirmed coronavirus cases have declined by 40%,” he said.
According to the health minister, over 70 million Iranians have been screened for the infection, which has helped the government with the early detection of confirmed cases and those who may have been in contact with them.
The worldwide tally of confirmed coronavirus cases rose to 2.74 million on Friday and the number of deaths reached 192,000. Only 755,000 have fully recovered. WHO announced on Tuesday, “Make no mistake, we have a long way to go. This virus will be with us for a long time.”

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Financialtribune.com