Diplomatic Action on Latest Israeli Lawlessness
Foreign ministry spokesperson Marzieh Afkham said Tehran will pursue the case of the recent Israeli airstrike that killed an Iranian commander in Syria "through diplomatic channels."
Speaking during her regular press briefing on Wednesday, Afkham said, "We will pursue the matter through diplomatic means and political channels," IRNA reported.
Islamic Revolution Guards Corps General Mohammed Ali Allahdadi was killed along with six members of the Lebanese resistance group Hezbollah in a January 18 strike by Israel on their convoy near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian had earlier said Iran had told the United States that Israel crossed "red lines" and that Islamic Republic would respond.
"We told the Americans that the leaders of the Zionist regime should await the consequences of their act," IRNA quoted Abdollahian as saying on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, US State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters on Tuesday that Washington has not received any message from Iran with regard to the latest incident.
She rather chose to say, "We absolutely condemn any such threats that come in any form, and we continue to strongly support Israel's safety and security."