International
0

20 killed in Airstrike in Southwest Yemen

20 killed in Airstrike in Southwest Yemen20 killed in Airstrike in Southwest Yemen

Twenty people were killed in an airstrike by a Saudi-led military coalition in southwestern Yemen on Friday, residents said. The attack hit a car transporting 20 passengers south of Taiz province, locals told Reuters. Six bodies had been identified but the rest were charred beyond recognition, they added. A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition said it would investigate the report, but declined to comment further. “We take this report very seriously,” he said. Coalition airstrikes have repeatedly struck civilian targets while trying to target Houthi forces during the three-year war.  The Yemen war has killed more than 10,000 people, displaced more than 2 million and driven the country to the verge of famine, according to the United Nations.

 

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Financialtribune.com