63299
Melenchon Refuses to Support Runoff Rivals
International

Melenchon Refuses to Support Runoff Rivals

Defeated French presidential election first-round candidate, Jean-Luc Melenchon, said on Friday he would not give any indication as to who his supporters should vote for in the May 7 runoff. “Me, I will vote ... but I am not going to tell you how,” Melenchon said in a video message posted on Youtube.com, France24 reported. “You don’t need me to know what you are going to do. I am not a guru, not a guide.” Just under 20% of people who cast a vote in the first round picked Melenchon. One poll on Friday by Odoxa showed that about 40% of those who voted for Melenchon in round one would vote for the centrist Emmanuel Macron, who is overall expected to win the second round with about 60% of the total vote. Odoxa said his runoff rival, far-right leader Marine Le Pen would get 19% of the Melenchon first-round vote, while 41% of it would be abstentions, the poll said.

 

Short URL : https://goo.gl/DH89Ve
  1. https://goo.gl/d78H0l
  • https://goo.gl/guU54B
  • https://goo.gl/M3HaEB
  • https://goo.gl/g80ug5
  • https://goo.gl/KHjO2G

You can also read ...

US Rear Admiral Louis C. Tripoli
A top Chinese general attended the opening on Monday of a...
UN Yemen Envoy Arrives in Sanaa as Saudi-UAE Offensive Intensifies
The United Nations’ special envoy to war-ravaged Yemen has...
Merkel Backs Austria on Stronger EU Borders
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her Austrian counterpart...
Kavanaugh’s Future Now Hangs in Balance
Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser now has a name, and the Republican...
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (L) and South Korean President Moon Jae-in meet in April 2018.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Monday that he will...
Brazil Election Frontrunner Leaves Intensive Care
Brazil’s far-right presidential frontrunner Jair Bolsonaro was...
Relations between Cuba and the United States are in decline...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Trending

Googleplus