Japan Knife Attacker’s Home Searched

Japan Knife Attacker’s Home Searched

Police have searched the home of a man accused of carrying out Japan's worst mass killing in decades, at a care home for people with mental disabilities.
Satoshi Uematsu, a former employee of the facility in Sagamihara west of Tokyo, stabbed 19 people to death on Tuesday, say police. He had previously sent letters to politicians threatening to kill hundreds of disabled people, BBC reported.
The 26-year-old turned himself into police after the attack. He was quoted by police as saying he had attacked those who were unable to communicate their feelings, broadcaster NHK reported.
On Wednesday, Uematsu was transferred from a local police station, where he had been held since he turned himself in, to the prosecutor's office in Yokohama.
He is believed to have broken into the Tsukui Yamayuri-en facility early on Tuesday morning. Authorities said the 19 victims of the attack ranged in age from 19 to 70, and were all residents. Dozens of others were injured.
Most of the victims were stabbed around their necks, some with wounds as deep as 10 cm, according to Japanese media.
Uematsu had reportedly said to investigators that it "would be better if the disabled disappeared", adding that he had "no remorse" about the killing.
In the letter he sent to politicians in February, he threatened to kill hundreds of disabled people during a night shift, according to reports from Kyodo news agency.

Short URL : http://goo.gl/rPaq2Q
  1. http://goo.gl/wRc39D
  • http://goo.gl/KvpZhe
  • http://goo.gl/rKaDiT
  • http://goo.gl/KqXEJV
  • http://goo.gl/qIjfwk