21317
Kuwait Charges 29 Over Mosque Attack
International

Kuwait Charges 29 Over Mosque Attack

Kuwait charged 29 people Tuesday over the suicide bombing of a Shia mosque last month that killed 27 people and wounded more than 227, a day after it introduced plans to set up a permanent committee to fight “terrorism and extremism.”
Those charged included seven Kuwaitis, five Saudis, three Pakistanis, 13 stateless people known as bidoons, and another person at large, the prosecution said, cited by the official KUNA news agency, AFP reported.
An IS-affiliated group calling itself Najd Province claimed the bombing and also said it carried out suicide attacks at two Shia mosques in Saudi Arabia in May. The attack was the worst in Kuwait’s history.
Twenty-four suspects were detained in Kuwait and the remaining five will be tried in absentia. Among the latter are two Saudi brothers who allegedly transported the explosives to Kuwait and are being held in Saudi Arabia.
The prosecution charged two of the suspects with premeditated murder and attempted murder.

Short URL : http://goo.gl/Lgn3LL

You can also read ...

US Rear Admiral Louis C. Tripoli
A top Chinese general attended the opening on Monday of a...
UN Yemen Envoy Arrives in Sanaa as Saudi-UAE Offensive Intensifies
The United Nations’ special envoy to war-ravaged Yemen has...
Merkel Backs Austria on Stronger EU Borders
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her Austrian counterpart...
Kavanaugh’s Future Now Hangs in Balance
Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser now has a name, and the Republican...
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (L) and South Korean President Moon Jae-in meet in April 2018.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Monday that he will...
Brazil Election Frontrunner Leaves Intensive Care
Brazil’s far-right presidential frontrunner Jair Bolsonaro was...
Relations between Cuba and the United States are in decline...

Trending

Googleplus