Saudi-Led Strikes on Yemen Continue

Saudi-Led Strikes on Yemen Continue

More than 20 airstrikes by a Saudi-led coalition of Arab forces hit targets across Yemen late on Sunday, residents said.
In Aden, residents reported three raids on the city’s international airport while another bombing destroyed parts of the Ottoman-era Seera Castle, a symbol of the city and the latest cultural site in Yemen to suffer damage in the war, Reuters reported.
Along Yemen’s border with Saudi Arabia, residents in Hajja Province reported five air raids on buildings.
An Arab military coalition has been bombing Yemen for three months to restore the country’s fugitive president Abd-Rabbuh Mansour Hadi to power and repel Houthi forces.
Hadi, Riyadh’s ally, was pushed aside last year when Houthis advancing from their northern strongholds took control of the government in the capital Sanaa and went on to control more territories in the south.
Airstrikes also killed 15 people and wounded dozens across Yemen late on Saturday, including five women and two children in attacks on Saada and Marib provinces.
More than 2,800 people have been killed since March 26. The United Nations says more than 21 million people, or 80 percent of the population, are now estimated to be in need of some form of humanitarian aid, protection or both.


Short URL : http://goo.gl/3LxjKX