Environment
0

Expert Warning on Killer Fungi

Expert Warning on Killer Fungi  Expert Warning on Killer Fungi

A biology expert has warned against eating wild mushrooms that have grown extensively across natural areas following the recent rainfalls and have poisoned dozens of citizens. 
Hossein Riahi, a biology and biotechnology professor at Shahid Beheshti University, said the toxic wild mushrooms can be easily mistaken for edible umbrella mushrooms due to their close resemblance. 
“There are slight differences that cannot be recognized by ordinary people,” he was quoted as saying by ISNA. 
 

Premium

Subscribe to the Financial Tribune to continue reading this article or Log in to your account if you are already a subscriber.

Find out more about our subsciption plans here.

Add new comment

Financialtribune.com