66622
Qatar is world’s biggest LNG exporter.
Qatar is world’s biggest LNG exporter.

Shell, Qatar Sign LNG Deal

Shell, Qatar Sign LNG Deal

State-owned Qatargas said on Saturday it had signed an agreement with Shell for the delivery of up to 1.1 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) per year for five years.

The agreement will start in January 2019 and will be for the supply of LNG from Qatar Liquefied Gas Company Limited 4 (Qatargas 4), a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum which holds 70% and Shell with the remaining 30%, Reuters reported.

The LNG will be delivered to either the Dragon LNG Terminal in Britain or the Gate LNG Terminal in the Netherlands, Qatargas said in a statement, which gave no value for the deal.

Qatar, the world's biggest exporter of LNG, faces competition from Australian and US producers. Supply deals into Europe offer a valuable option as Asia's gas-consuming economies rein in new deals in light of a growing supply overhang.

The Shell agreement also comes as the worst rift in years among some of the most powerful states in the Arab world continues to simmer.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain severed their ties with Qatar this month, accusing it of supporting terrorism, a charge which Doha denies.

Qatargas has said its LNG supply to the world's largest LNG importer Japan would not be affected by the economic, diplomatic and transport boycott.

Most of Qatar's almost 80 million tons of annual LNG supplies are shipped in tankers, mainly to Japan, South Korea and India, as well as to several European countries.

One-third of Britain's gas imports, for example, come from Qatar. Other European customers include Spain and Poland.

 

Short URL : https://goo.gl/22S4Ta
  1. https://goo.gl/owV93C
  • https://goo.gl/DTU5iV
  • https://goo.gl/Yoz9jc
  • https://goo.gl/4d612n
  • https://goo.gl/UBJ7KQ

You can also read ...

India Co. Says ‘Important’ to  Buy Some Iranian Oil
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals, a subsidiary of India’s...
NIOC Chief: US Talk to Zero Iran Oil Export Is Hot Air
Rhetoric from the United States that it wants to reduce Iran’s...
Iran's Marjan Petrochem Company Exports 1st Methanol Cargo
The first 20,000 ton methanol consignment produced by Marjan...
Crude Prices Rise
Oil prices rose for a fourth day on Wednesday after industry...
NOPEC Threat Prompts Change at OPEC
OPEC has urged its members not to mention oil prices when...
Russian Expert: Collaboration With Oil Majors Could  Help Iran Enhance Energy Output
Iran has proved that it has great potential for investment...
Foreign Firms to Invest in Mazandaran DGs Power Projects
Foreign companies have signed contracts to invest in small...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Trending

Googleplus