55440
Pertamina's LPG imports may total 528,000 tons next year.
Pertamina's LPG imports may total 528,000 tons next year.

LPG Deal With Indonesia Possible During Presidential Visit

LPG Deal With Indonesia Possible During Presidential Visit

State energy company Pertamina may sign a deal to import Iranian liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in 2017 when Indonesia's president visits the country this week, company officials said on Tuesday. The LPG imports may total up to 528,000 tons during next year, Reuters quoted the officials as saying.

"It is highly likely we will import again from the National Iranian Oil Company," Pertamina spokeswoman Wianda Pusponegoro told reporters, adding that Pertamina planned to import up to 12 cargoes, each of which contains 44,000 tons of gas, in 2017.

A deal could be signed this week during Indonesian President Joko Widodo's trip to Iran, she said. The planned purchases are part of 600,000 tons of LPG that Pertamina tentatively agreed to purchase in May from the state-owned NIOC this year and in 2017.

Pertamina is also considering buying stakes in two oil and gas blocks in Iran and had met and discussed the matter with Iran's oil minister during the recent Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries meeting in Vienna, Pusponegoro said.

"We hope they can agree on Pertamina's proposal," she said, noting that Iran was still studying the matter and that Pertamina aims to complete a deal at the beginning of 2017.

"Our target is for at least 30,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day," Pusponegoro added.

Separately, Pertamina's deputy chief executive, Ahmad Bambang, told reporters that the company is also hoping to expand its footprint in Algeria.

"In the short term we want to strengthen our position in Algeria with a purchase from Repsol, but this is still being discussed," Bambang said.

Spanish energy company Repsol wants to sell its 35% participating interest in the MLN field, where Pertamina currently holds the remaining 65% stake, he said.

"(Repsol) want to sell everything. We are negotiating."

 

Short URL : https://goo.gl/o3pMw6
  1. https://goo.gl/MoU8a1
  • https://goo.gl/w21cru
  • https://goo.gl/iZIUxL
  • https://goo.gl/kjLuCI
  • https://goo.gl/YnOqxE

You can also read ...

India Co. Says ‘Important’ to  Buy Some Iranian Oil
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals, a subsidiary of India’s...
NIOC Chief: US Talk to Zero Iran Oil Export Is Hot Air
Rhetoric from the United States that it wants to reduce Iran’s...
Iran's Marjan Petrochem Company Exports 1st Methanol Cargo
The first 20,000 ton methanol consignment produced by Marjan...
Crude Prices Rise
Oil prices rose for a fourth day on Wednesday after industry...
NOPEC Threat Prompts Change at OPEC
OPEC has urged its members not to mention oil prices when...
Russian Expert: Collaboration With Oil Majors Could  Help Iran Enhance Energy Output
Iran has proved that it has great potential for investment...
Foreign Firms to Invest in Mazandaran DGs Power Projects
Foreign companies have signed contracts to invest in small...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Trending

Googleplus