Saudis Investing $1.5b in VLCCs

Saudis Investing $1.5b in VLCCs

National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri) said on Sunday it signed a deal with Arab Petroleum Investments Corp. (Apicorp) to launch a $1.5 billion investment fund that could buy up to 15 very large crude carriers, known as VLCCs. The fund will be seeded with $500 million on three occasions, subject to conditions, Bahri said in a bourse statement, adding that it will subscribe to 15% of the fund's capital, Trade Arabia reported. Apicorp will provide the remaining 85%, and will be the manager for the fund and responsible for arranging finance, Bahri said. Bahri, in return, will be the technical and commercial manager for the fleet of tankers owned by the fund. The two parties expect to complete the remaining processes and undertake the first phase of fundraising at the end of the third quarter of 2016. Bahri also said it expects the financial impact of the first phase to appear in the first quarter of 2017.


Short URL : http://goo.gl/6AKNcX
  1. http://goo.gl/qRVTPd
  • http://goo.gl/pzLcB5
  • http://goo.gl/iMW2gG
  • http://goo.gl/iLhg92
  • http://goo.gl/wf2Adx

You can also read ...

IOOC to Raise Crude Output
The Iranian Offshore Oil Company, a subsidiary of the National...
Oil Majors to Gain Clarity on Anti-Russia Sanctions
The Italian oil major Eni will discuss sanctions against...
Russia, Ukraine to Discuss Latest Gas Dispute
Ukraine’s state-held gas company Naftogaz and Russia’s gas...
Pasargad Energy Development Company will be commissioned to drill 126 wells in Jofeir and Sepehr fields.
In line with policies to help expand domestic companies' scope...
The California state court is seen as more favorable to the cities and counties.
California cities and counties seeking to hold five of the...
No Plan to Increase Oil Production in Next 12 Months
Iran does not intend to increase crude output in the next...
Iraq Seeks Investors to Build Refinery
Iraq is inviting companies to bid for building a 70,000-bpd...
Brent, WTI Crude Futures Hit Highest in Two Weeks
Oil prices jumped on Friday, with Brent crude futures hitting...