23812
8 Petrochem Projects Due by March 2016
Energy

8 Petrochem Projects Due by March 2016

A total of eight petrochemical projects will go on stream in the current Iranian year (started March 21), a senior energy official said.
“Output from petrochemical complexes across the country is increasing,” Ali-Mohammad Bosaqzadeh, production manager at National Petrochemical Company, said.
Petrochemical plants have produced over 18 million tons of petrochemicals in the first four months of the year, Mehr News Agency quoted him as saying in a press conference on Tuesday.
Petrochemical complexes in Asalouyeh, Mahshahr and other regions have seen a 7%, 1% and 3% increase in production respectively, while total petrochemical production has increased by 4% on average.
In the four-month period, Mehr, Laleh, Shiraz, Khorasan, Shazand, Kermanshah, Khark and Kermanshah petrochemical plants have operated at over 90% of their capacity. Production in several other complexes, including Maroun, Nouri, Pardis, Aryasasoul, Tabriz, Isfahan, Ghadir, Ilam, Karoun, Farabi, Razi, Arya Phosphoric and Urmia, has increased by 10% compared with the corresponding period of last year.
“There are various reasons behind the lower output from some complexes,” Bosaqzadeh said. “The underproduction is 44% attributable to a lack of feedstock, 28% to operational activities and 16.5% to processing difficulties.”
More than 6 million tons of petrochemical products, valued at $3.6 billion, were exported in this period. Export of petrochemicals has increased by 12% in terms of weight and 6% in terms of value compared with the same period of last year.
In addition, around 4.4 million tons of petrochemicals worth 86,000 billion rials ($2.6 billion) were sold domestically.

 

Short URL : http://goo.gl/lcGzw7

You can also read ...

Russia, Turkey Sign Pipeline Agreement
Russian state gas giant Gazprom said on Saturday it had signed...
The steady gas supply to neighboring states has caused international markets to trust Iran.
Natural gas exports experienced a 60% hike during the fiscal...
Shell is a strategic partner of Petrobras in the pre-salt layer.
Shell was the only company expressing interest in purchasing...
Four solar plants, with a total capacity of 33.5 MW, have come on stream in Yazd Province.
The central Yazd Province’s solar power production capacity...
Novak: Oil Output Could Rise to October 2016 Level
A return to oil production levels that were in place in...
SOCAR to Expand Gas Storage Capacity
There are plans to expand underground gas storage facilities...
Currently, 80,000 barrels per day of crude are extracted from North Azadegan Oilfield.
The tender results for developing North Azadegan Oilfield in...
Annual Potable Water Consumption at 7.5 bcm
Potable water consumption amounts to a massive 7.5 billion...

Trending

Googleplus