65968
Iran Bread Consumption Six Times Global Average
Iran Bread Consumption Six Times Global Average

Iran Bread Consumption Six Times Global Average

Iran Bread Consumption Six Times Global Average

Iranians are the second biggest consumers of bread in the world with a per capita of 160 kilograms per person, which is six times higher than the global average.
According to a report newly published by Financial Tribune’s sister publication Donya-e-Eqtesad, Turks consume the most bread with a per capita of 199 kg annually. In France and Germany, per capita bread consumption is 56 kg and 70 kg respectively. The annual bread production in Iran stands at 15 million tons.
In the large-scale bread industry, most of the work is handled by machines. However, traditional bread in Iran is baked manually in traditional ovens.
Industrial bread bakeries have a 20% share in the total bread production in Iran while the rest belongs to traditional bread bakers. When it comes to consumer market, industrial breads account for as little as 12% of the consumer market.
Only 2% of the total flour share allocated for all bakeries belong to industrial bakeries while the remaining 98% pertain to traditional bakers.
Currently, 80% of the flour distributed across the country are subsidized and the rest is supplied at market rates.

Short URL : https://goo.gl/yE0Swr
  1. https://goo.gl/TnEie1
  • https://goo.gl/iqEbW7
  • https://goo.gl/aKTtiS
  • https://goo.gl/mJnxZl
  • https://goo.gl/HgwzTc

You can also read ...

The Airbus A320 family accounts for most of the narrow-body jets Iranian airlines have ordered in the past two years
Iranian airlines are placing massive orders for short- to...
Iran’s biggest container port Shahid Rajaee in Hormozgan Province, with 120 trillion rials  ($3.2 billion), accounted for most of the customs revenues earned last year
Despite the decline in Iran's imports last year (March 2016-17...
With 31 holding companies from different fields of industries, services and commerce, Iran is the biggest participant in the 59th Damascus International Fair.
Iran can help Syria accelerate its reconstruction and...
Proposed Industries Minister Vows to Reform Forex, Bank Interest Rates
Mohammad Shariatmadari, industries, mining and trade minister-...
MANN+HUMMEL Opens Tehran Office
German manufacturing company and leading global filtration...
Auto Parts Makers Visit Pakistan
Iran’s commercial attaché  in Islamabad led an economic...
Foreign Investment to Help Remedy Recession, Inflation
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who is beginning his second...
Carpet Expo to Open  in Tehran
Tehran will host the 26th Iran Handmade Carpet Exhibition from...

Add new comment

Read our comment policy before posting your viewpoints

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Trending

Googleplus