Economy, Domestic Economy
0

Tax Income

Tax IncomeTax Income

One third of the government’s tax income in the first three months of the current Iranian year (March 21 – June 20) came from “legal persons” including state-run and private companies, according to a report by the Central Bank of Iran (CBI). The tax on legal persons amounted to 40.2 trillion billion rials (33 percent), while tax on goods and services, which also includes the value-added tax (VAT), amounted to 36.7 trillion rials (30 percent), the report says. The next three tax categories that contributed to the government’s income included “income tax” by 20 trillion rials, “import tax” by 17.7 trillion rials, and “wealth tax” by 5.6 trillion rails.  The CBI report also shows that the government’s tax income increased by 47 percent in the first quarter (the spring) reaching 120.4 trillion rials from 82 trillion rials in the same period last year.  Direct taxes accounted for 54.7 percent of government’s total tax income, while the remaining 45.3 percent came from indirect tax sources.  Direct taxes include those levied on legal persons, income and wealth, while indirect taxes include those levied on imports, goods and services.

 

Financialtribune.com