50478
Iran-India JV for Chabahar Urea Plant
Iran-India JV for Chabahar Urea Plant
  1. Economy
  2. Domestic Economy

Iran-India JV for Chabahar Urea Plant

  1. Economy
  2. Domestic Economy

Iran-India JV for Chabahar Urea Plant

A leading producer of fertilizers in India Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers has formed a joint venture with Indian firm Gujarat State Fertilizer Corporation and Iranian counterpart Faradast Energy Falat Company (known as Falat) for the development of a 1.3 million-ton urea plant in Iran’s Chabahar.
The project, which entails an investment of about $1 billion, is export oriented such that its product will be shipped back to India.
RCF Chairman and Managing Director Manoj Mishra told Business Standard, RCF and GSFC together have proposed to hold a combined 51% stake in the joint venture, with the remaining 49% going to Falat.
“However, the talks are currently underway,” he said.
India’s annual urea demand is about 30-31 million tons, while the domestic production is 23-24 million tons. The Indian government is encouraging domestic companies to establish joint ventures in countries rich in raw materials required for fertilizer production and in the framework of buyback deals.

 

Short URL : https://goo.gl/M4m0ql
  1. https://goo.gl/QecUjs
  • https://goo.gl/Lf43TB
  • https://goo.gl/ni5j3i
  • https://goo.gl/8Uwuuk
  • https://goo.gl/EDrujy

You can also read ...

NISTC Could Undermine Suez Canal’s Importance
Iran and Azerbaijan inaugurated a short railroad in early March...
The 14.5% rise in workers’ minimum wage is one of the lowest wage growths witnessed in the last 10 years, though the economy has also experienced the lowest inflation rate in a decade.
After a 12-hour session, the Supreme Labor Council agreed to...
Iranian Lenders Hobbled by Big Bank Qualms
Iran's banking network has historically had a robust presence in...
Four provinces, namely Markazi Province (7.3%), Semnan (8.6%), Hamedan (9.5%) and Zanjan (9.7%), registered single-digit unemployment rates this year.
Iran’s unemployment rate in the current fiscal year (March 2016-...
[The burden of the government’s payment arrears to CBI lightened, posting a drop of 17 trillion rials ($450 million).
Data released by the Central Bank of Iran for the month ending...
The Law on Implementation of Article 44 of the Constitution does not allow dismissal of employees following the privatization of companies.
The remaining 323 out of 1,713 enterprises on the privatization...
CBI  Priorities  for Next Year
The Governor of the Central Bank of Iran has named bringing...
1.5b Tons of New Metal Reserves
Over 1.5 billion tons of proven metal reserves have been...

Trending

Googleplus