5934
Protecting Pastoral Nomads
Economy, Business And Markets

Protecting Pastoral Nomads

The director general of the organization for nomadic affairs, Siavash Mirghaed, has stated that 40% of the livestock of nomads across the country will be insured according to an MOU signed recently between the ONA and the Agricultural Products Insurance Fund. “To get insurance for their cattle, pastoral nomads need to pay only 28% of the total insurance charges and the remaining 72% will be provided by the government,” the official said, while speaking on the sidelines of a meeting of the provincial directors of nomadic affairs in the western city of Kermanshah. The damage evaluation and insurance procedures will be carried out by the nomadic cooperatives across the country, IRNA quoted Mirghaed as saying. He added the insurance coverage for every animal is about 20,000 to 80,000 rials and for any insured livestock, in case of an incident or loss, about 1,600,000 to 4,500,000 rials will be paid to pastoral nomads in compensation. Iran has a nomadic population of around 1.2 million. Nomadic herders contribute to 20% of the domestic meat production.

Short URL : http://goo.gl/nvEC6f

You can also read ...

Banks will now draft a single set of balance sheets that adhere to CBI’s IFRS-based templates.
Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance Masoud Karbasian and...
ICCIMA Trade Mission Off to Spain
A 30-member commercial delegation from Iran’s private sector...
Mental Health Investment: The Economic Case
The link between mental health and economic productivity is...
Ikarus buses were popular in Iran during 1990s.
Hungarian bus manufacturer Ikarus is set to re-enter Iran...
Carmakers Pile Into Europe Scrappage Offers
Renault-Nissan and Kia are the latest car companies to launch...
Plan to Make Home Loans More Affordable
The administration of President Hassan Rouhani is mulling new...
Bloom and billet sales made up the lion’s share of KSC’s sales.
Iran’s largest steel exporter Khouzestan Steel Company...
IKCO in Another Murky Presale
Iran Khodro started presales of its newly unveiled small...

Trending

Googleplus