46264
Iran-Guinea Bauxite Mining Project to Be Reactivated
Economy, Business And Markets

Iran-Guinea Bauxite Mining Project to Be Reactivated

Guinea’s Societé des Bauxites de Dabola-Tougue expects to begin the construction of a mine by the end of this year, which would allow it to exploit its large, untapped reserves of bauxite, the company’s chief executive said on Friday.
Iran holds a 51% stake in SBDT, which owns permits over 5,684 square kilometers. Guinea holds the remaining 49%.
“We are currently finalizing the feasibility studies. We plan to begin work before the end of this year,” Fode Diaby told Reuters.
The concession includes 13 bauxite plateaus at Dabola and 12 at Tougue, both in central Guinea, which have a combined reserve of over 600 million tons, according to the company.
The project has remained largely dormant since the original agreement between Guinea and Iran was signed in 1992. However, the two nations renewed the 25-year agreement last year.
Iranian Mines & Mining Industries Development & Renovation, a major state-owned holding company active in the mining sector, is now lending financial backing to the project, which is expected to cost more than $550 million.
“For the evacuation of the ore, we will construct a 325-km transport route. Eventually, a 33-hectare space at the Autonomous Port of Conakry will be developed,” Diaby said.
Guinea is home to the world’s largest reserves of bauxite, yet it ranks fourth in exports. The government is aiming to boost production by 30% before the end of 2016.

Short URL : http://goo.gl/zF4sZj
  1. http://goo.gl/N0Xpw6
  • http://goo.gl/6uBjxt
  • http://goo.gl/heVXf5
  • http://goo.gl/C2KR6p
  • http://goo.gl/XGZsCD

You can also read ...

Europe May Tap Cryptocurrencies to Shield Iran Against US Sanctions
The European Union may opt for digital currencies in its...
Iran’s net hot-rolled coil consumption was 5.6 million tons in 2017, of which 0.8 million tons were imported.
Russia and Kazakhstan are temporarily stepping back on sales...
Secondary Forex Market: Corruption Loopholes Abound
Two goals set have been set for the recent establishment of...
EU foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, hailed the imposition of the blocking statute on Monday as a “consistent step forward”.
As it races to save the Iran nuclear deal, the European Union...
Deputy Economy Minister Defends Gov’t Forex Policy
The government’s policy to allocate dollars and euros to...
Hashtgerd Subway Station Construction Underway
Iranian authorities are pushing ahead with construction plans...
Colza Production Exceeds Expectations
The government has purchased more than 300,000 tons of colza...
Interbank Rate Tweak to Impact Interest Rates
Officials at the Central Bank of Iran have announced the...

Trending

Googleplus