15109
Chinese Tires Hurting Domestic Industry
Economy, Business And Markets

Chinese Tires Hurting Domestic Industry

The majority of imported tires can be domestically manufactured but are only welcome in the market due to their competitive prices, said an official at the Tire Industry Association of Iran, calling it a hard blow to the domestic production.
“Between 100,000 and 110,000 metric tons of tires are annually imported, 30% of which are not manufactured inside the country such as 18 and 19-inch tires or a few radial sizes for the pickup cars. But the remaining 70% are manufactured with the highest qualitiy by domestic companies; however Chinese tires are offered at much lower prices”, Saeed Taqvaei, the adviser to the association, told ISNA.
He added that the bias tires produced in Iran for buses and heavy trucks, for instance, are of premium quality but their Chinese counterparts are available in the market with lower prices, “and of course lower quality.”
According to the Tire Association member, the domestic consumption is 340,000 tons per year; of which some 240,000 tons are manufactured domestically. Taqvaei added that the tire industry is working on development of new products based on market demand. “The tires for the South Korean car Cerato have been imported but Iranian tire companies are now producing them. Domestic manufacturers have even started the production of tires for sports utility vehicles (SUV’s) and the new products will soon hit the market”, he noted.

 

Short URL : http://goo.gl/xa2a9Z

You can also read ...

Fresh Forex, Gold Coin Rally in Tehran Market
After a period of calm, the US dollar is once again surging in...
SpaceX founder Elon Musk says block 5 boosters should be able to fly 50 to 60 times with minimal refurbishment between flights.
Lighting up the deep overnight sky, a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket...
Guidance Forum for Startups
The local accelerator Novintech is set to hold a Q&A...
Iran-Europe Business Center Hosts Talks in Berlin to Foster Tech Ties
A meeting has been held between Iranian and European startups...
Isfahan Airport to Increase Plane Parking Capacity
Isfahan International Airport’s parking project has started...
Time to Resume Garlic Exports  to Iraq
Iraq’s Agriculture Ministry had banned the import of Iranian...
Seafood Exports Earn $50m in 2 Months
About 16,000 tons of seafood worth close to $50 million were...
About 1.34 billion shares valued at $170.66 million changed hands at TSE on July 22.
Tehran Stock Exchange’s main index gained 535.28 points or 0....

Trending

Googleplus