83725
Road Death Toll Rises in Iran
Road Death Toll Rises in Iran
Sunday, March 18, 2018

Road Death Toll Rises in Iran

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Road Death Toll Rises in Iran

A report released by the Iranian Legal Medicine Organization shows the number of deaths caused by car accidents witnessed a 0.4% year-on-year rise in the 10 months ending Jan. 20.
During the period, 13,874 people lost their lives, 10,889 (78.4%) of whom were men and the remaining 2,985 (21.6%) were women. 
The report categorizes deaths by province, according to which the western Ilam Province has suffered the least number of road fatalities (123) and the southern Fars Province suffered the most casualties (1,271).
The figures are a warning sign as Norouz (Iranian New Year) approaches. During the 13-day holidays, many go on trips by car and death statistics soar. 
 

Premium

To continue reading this article log in to your account, or join us now and get a free trial which includes access to this specific story.

You will not be charged for your trial and there is no obligation to purchase.

Create an account or sign in

Short URL : https://goo.gl/BSMtdZ
03/18/2018
  1. https://goo.gl/8WrPVX
  • https://goo.gl/9fcXSa
  • https://goo.gl/eJk2oW
  • https://goo.gl/oLnmJa
  • https://goo.gl/J1PdBP

You can also read ...

Online Forex System to Help Promote Transparency
Governor of the Central Bank of Iran has provided further...
TCCIM chief, Masoud Khansari (C), meets Sweden’s Ambassador to Iran Helena Sangeland in Tehran on April 18.
As a Swedish business delegation met with their Iranian...
Capital Intelligence participated in a gathering hosted by the Center of Investment and Consultancy Services  in tehran on April 21. (Photo: Saeed Ameri)
Having entered a new era after the lifting of most sanctions...
JP Morgan Sees Headwinds for Tesla Shares
Tesla’s electric car sales will suffer due to increased...
Banks to Decide FX Deposits’ Interest Rates
The Central Bank of Iran has focused on encouraging people to...
Several lines of the subway network are still under construction.
Allocation of 7 trillion rials ($166.6 million) worth of bonds...
Opel’s owner PSA aims to eliminate 3,700 jobs under a program of voluntary departures.
Planned job cuts at carmaker Opel will save enough cash to...
PTA With Turkey Not in Iran’s Interests
Iran’s economic interests have not been incorporated in its...

Add new comment

Trending

Googleplus