Domestic Economy

25% Rise in Tea Production

25% Rise in Tea Production
25% Rise in Tea Production

A total of 114,445 tons of fresh tea leaves worth 6.5 trillion rials ($23 million) have so far been purchased from local farmers in the current Iranian year (started March 21), says the head of Iran Tea Organization.
“Around 51% of the total are top-quality tea leaves and the remaining 49% are of other varieties,” Habibollah Jahansaz was also quoted as saying by IRNA.
The official added that out of the total green leaf production, more than 25,750 tons of processed tea have been produced, which shows a 25% rise compared with the similar period of last year.


Subscribe to the Financial Tribune to continue reading this article or Log in to your account if you are already a subscriber.

Find out more about our subsciption plans here.

Add new comment