Auto
0

More CNG-Hybrids Join Iran Taxi Fleet

Total CNG-hybrid taxis is estimated to be around 304,000 accounting for 95% of the cabs in the country
More CNG-Hybrids Join Iran Taxi Fleet     More CNG-Hybrids Join Iran Taxi Fleet

The number of CNG-hybrid taxis in Iran is estimated at around 304,000 accounting for 95% of total the cabs in the country, head of Iran Taxi Union says.
Morteza Zameni told Tasnim news agency that 95% of cabs are CNG-hybrid. The remaining 5% (10,000 taxis) use gasoline. “A large number of fossil fuel-powered taxis are dilapidated and need to be scrapped or renovated.”
The unionist points out that gasoline-powered taxis can be converted into CNG-hybrids at special centers throughout the country. “Cab owners also can apply for low-interest loans offered by the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC).”

Premium

Subscribe to the Financial Tribune to continue reading this article or Log in to your account if you are already a subscriber.

Find out more about our subsciption plans here.

Add new comment

Financialtribune.com