Article page new theme
Auto

Q1 Vehicle Output Reaches 325,000

The output of domestic vehicles (including heavy, commercial and passenger cars) amounted to 325,000 in the first quarter of the current fiscal year (March 21-June 21)

The production of domestic vehicles (including commercial and passenger cars) reached 325,000 in the first quarter of the current fiscal year (March 21-June 21), according to the head of the Ministry of Industries, Mining and Trade’s Automotive Industry Office.

Abdollah Tavakkoli Lahijani added that passenger car output hit 277,000 during the period under review, which accounts for 85.2% of the total vehicle output. 

The output of pickup trucks reached 36,000 vehicles, registering a 27% growth compared with the previous year, IRNA reported.

Van production amounted to 800 units during the period ending June 21, up 117% compared with the same period of the previous fiscal year.

Minibus, middle bus and bus production stood at 580 vehicles, showing a year-on-year rise of 16%. 

The production of heavy vehicles hit 10,000 vehicles during the period to register a 95% increase compared with the same period of last year.

A total of 67,000 vehicles were produced by the private sector, registering a 96% YOY increase when compared with 34,000 vehicles in the last year’s corresponding period.

The share of the private sector of the total vehicle output stood at 21% during the period.

 

Annual Vehicle Production Hit 1.3Million

 

The production of domestic vehicles (including heavy, commercial and passenger cars) reached 1.348 million in the fiscal 2022-23 (ended March 20), registering a 40% growth compared with the previous year, Lahijani added.

“The highest growth in car production in the last 12 years was recorded in the fiscal 2014-15 and fiscal 2022-23. The only difference in car output in those years is that the assembly of completely knocked down products was undertaken by Iran’s two largest car manufacturers in the fiscal 2014-15,” he added.

Noting that 105,000 unfinished cars were completed in the previous fiscal year, the official noted that the production of complete cars by the two largest carmakers stood at 961,000 vehicles during the period, registering a 479% growth compared with the previous year.

“In the past year, 95% of the vehicles were produced as completed products, while only 20% of completed cars were produced in the fiscal 2021-22 and a majority of cars had a deficit of parts,” he said.

“The highest monthly output since the beginning of the international sanctions in the fiscal 2018-19 belonged to the 11th month of the previous fiscal [Jan. 21-Feb. 19] with 133,000 vehicles.”

Tavakkoli stated that 1.1 million vehicles were delivered by the two manufacturers in the previous fiscal year, registering a 31% growth compared with last year when delivery stood at 838,000 vehicles.

He announced that 195,000 cars were produced by the private sector, registering a 103% growth compared with the previous fiscal year.

“The share of the private sector in car production amounted to 15% in the fiscal 2022-23, which indicates a threefold increase,” he said.

Passenger car output hit 1.07 million during the period under review, registering a 13% rise compared with the previous year.

The output of pickup trucks reached 125,000 vehicles, registering a 56% year-on-year growth compared with last year.

Van production amounted to 3,000 vehicles during the period, up 267% year-on-year.

Minibus and bus production stood at 2,500 vehicles, showing a rise of 44% compared with the previous fiscal.

The production of heavy vehicles hit 34,000 vehicles during the period to register a 150% YOY growth.

Also, the production of motorcycles grew by 61% YOY to stand at 450,000 vehicles in the year under review.

 

97% of Applicants in Nat’l Online Portal to Receive Cars in 2025

 

A majority of applicants who registered in the national online car ordering portal, Esalecar.ir, will receive their vehicles by the end of the fiscal 2024-25 (March 20, 2025).

Mehdi Taqaddosi, the portal’s manager, told the Persian automotive daily Donyaye Khodro that based on the production plan of car manufacturers and the schedule set by the portal, 97% of applicants who have registered in the second phase of the integrated sale will receive their cars by March 2025.

He stated that the remaining 3% consist of those who wanted CKD cars marketed by private automakers, which could not be supplied during the period.

“Since the demand for some models, such as Farda Motors’ FMC, was higher than their production capacity, some applicants could not purchase them from the national online car portal. However, they can opt for models offered by carmakers that fulfilled their obligations and have the production capacity to meet new demands, such as Modiran Khodro’s X22 Pro model and SAIPA’s QUIK S,” he said.

Taqaddosi said the details of the replacement plan, the deadline for withdrawing from the second phase of the integrated car sale and the updated list of cars available in the portal will be announced this week. 

According to the official, the Ministry of Industries, Mining and Trade has no plan to reopen the portal for the applicants of the first phase of integrated sales to select cars that have become available due to the withdrawal of some customers or the rise in production capacity of carmakers.

“The result of applicants seeking to replace their worn-out cars with a new vehicle has not been announced yet, because it took more time to process the information of these applicants … But in order to avoid a delay for applicants, who are not many, the results of the replacement plan for worn-out cars will be announced this week,” he said.

Taqaddosi stated that banks have been informed to unblock the funds deposited by people on June 21.